Beyond the obligation to provide timely notification for lack of conformity, as provided for in art. 11 paragraph 2, travellers must comply with the following obligations:
1. Please refer to what is indicated on the State Police website, for rules regarding the expatriation of minors. It is, however, specified that minors must be in possession of a valid personal document before travelling abroad or a passport or, for EU countries, also a valid identity card for expatriation. With regard to going abroad for children under 14 and for those for whom authorisation issued by the judicial authority is necessary, it is important to comply with requirements indicated on the State Police website http://www.poliziadistato.it/articolo/191.
2. foreign nationals must obtain the corresponding information through their diplomatic representations present in Italy and/or the respective official government information channels. In any case, before departure, travellers need to check updates with the competent authorities (for Italian citizens the local police headquarters or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the website www.viaggiaresicuri.it or the telephone operations centre at 06.491115) organising themselves before the trip. In the absence of such check, no responsibility for missed departure of one or more travellers may be imputed to the intermediary or to the organiser.
3. in any case, travellers must inform the intermediary and the organiser of their citizenship at the time of booking the tourist package or tourist service and, at the time of departure, they must definitely check that they have the vaccination certificates, the individual passport and any other document valid for all countries affected by the itinerary, as well as residence visas, transit visas and health certificates which may be required.
4. moreover, in order to evaluate the socio-political, health and other useful information concerning the destination countries and, therefore, the objective usability of the services purchased or those to be purchased, the traveller will have the obligation to find the official information of a general nature from the Minister for Foreign Affairs, which are disseminated through the Farnesina institutional website www.viaggiaresicuri.it.
The information above is not contained in the online or paper catalogues of the Tour Operator, since they contain general descriptive information as indicated in article 34 of the Tourism Code and information which does not change temporally. The same must therefore be assumed by the travellers.
5. if on the booking date the destination chosen is, according to the institutional information channels, a location subject to “warning” for security reasons, the traveller who subsequently exercises the withdrawal cannot invoke, for the purpose of exempting the reduction of the compensation request for the termination made, the termination of the contractual cause related to the country’s safety conditions.
6. Travellers shall also comply with the rules of normal care and diligence and with the specific rules in force in the countries of destination, with all information provided to them by the organiser, as well as with regulations, administrative or legislative provisions relating to tourist packages. Travellers are liable for any damage, including the expenses necessary for their repatriation, which the organiser and/or the intermediary have to suffer as a consequence of failure to comply with the above-mentioned obligations.
7. the traveller is obliged to provide the organiser with all documents, information and elements useful for exercising the right of subrogation of the latter against third parties responsible for the damage and is responsible towards the organiser for the prejudice caused to the right of subrogation.
8. the traveller will also communicate in writing to the organiser, at the time of the proposal for the purchase of a tourist package, and therefore before sending booking confirmation of the services offered by the organiser, the specific personal requests which may be the subject of specific agreements regarding travel arrangements, provided that it is possible to implement them and in any case for them to be subject to a specific agreement between the traveller and the Organiser.
The traveller is always required to inform the Seller and the Organiser of any special needs or conditions (pregnancy, food intolerance, disability, etc.) and to explicitly specify the request for related personalised services. The traveller declares and acknowledges to take full responsibility for the work performed by the Travel Agency selected by him/her in relation to the information received, upon delivery of the documents. Furthermore, the traveller is responsible for the correct and timely payment of the amount due, to Caravantours S.p.A. for tourist services that have been booked/purchased from them. In case of non-payment, Caravantours S.p.A. will have the right to terminate the travel contract by law, by sending a simple written communication to the Intermediary Travel Agency.